FatherTopics™ Collection for Non-Custodial Dads consists of five separate 2-hour sessions your organization can run for non-custodial fathers to help them succeed as involved fathers. Your organization can offer 1, 2, 3, or more sessions in any number and combination. Your organization can also add any number of combination of them to any of NFI's fatherhood programs or any other fatherhood program.
The Collection covers some of the most critical issues faced by non-custodial fathers.
- Workforce Readiness
- Rights & Responsibilities
- Child Support
- Money Management
- Run one or all five topical sessions with non-custodial fathers you serve
- Use whichever sessions you need, whenever you need them in a group setting or one-on-one
- Add one or more sessions to the content of an existing fatherhood program
- Substitute one or more sessions for sessions in your current programming for non-custodial fathers
Background & Overview
In 2011, the City of New York's Department of Youth and Community Development (DYCD) contracted with National Fatherhood Initiative (NFI) to create a version of 24/7 Dad® that organizations in the city would use with non-custodial fathers. The resulting DYCD version of 24/7 Dad® included new session content to provide information on some of the most critical issues faced by non-custodial fathers that don't directly address pro-fathering knowledge, attitudes, and skills.
Consequently, NFI decided to use that newly designed content to create FatherTopics™ Collection for Non-Custodial Dads, so that facilitators and organizations across the county could provide these well-received sessions to non-custodial fathers wherever they reside, and regardless of location. The reaction to these field-tested sessions, from facilitators and non-custodial fathers in New York City, has been overwhelmingly positive.
What's Included in the Kit
- CD-ROM with Instruction Guide and Session Handouts
- Binder-Ready, 3-Hole Punched Sessions (listed above) with Divider Tabs