**This product is an electronic PDF file. After placing your order, you will receive an email that contains the links to download the file. You'll be able to view, print or save the file.
Celebrating National Fatherhood Initiative's 25th Anniversary, we bring you the 8th Edition of our one-of-a-kind publication Father Facts, chock full of the most comprehensive research available on father absence and involvement!
Produced in an easy-to-navigate PDF document, you can purchase, download, and access the data immediately. Father Facts remains the premier reference manual for anyone interested in promoting responsible fatherhood.
NEW TO THE 8th EDITION:
- 212 new studies (published 2015-2019)
- Updated summaries of what we know in each section/topic based on the impact of new studies
- New section/topic: Impact of Father Involvement on Pre- and Post-Natal Paternal and Maternal Stress and Depression
- Updated national tables on rates of father absence (through 2018)
- Updated state-level tables on rates of father absence (through 2017)
- Updated additional resources for research on the impacts of father absence and father involvement
Father Facts 8 provides unparalleled depth and breadth of information on the consequences of father absence for children with regard to alcohol and substance abuse, child abuse, crime, educational attainment, emotional and behavioral problems, physical health, poverty, and suicide. It also includes:
- State-level data on father absence (as in the past, national data also included)
- The societal costs of father absence
- Incarceration as a cause of father absence
- Attitudes and predictors of father involvement
- Father access and visitation with children
- The impact of marriage on father involvement; women’s well-being and marital satisfaction
- Data on the many types of fathers: non-custodial, non-resident, single, divorced, teen, incarcerated, military, stay-at-home, and step-fathers; millennials as fathers; grandfathers raising grandchildren