National Fatherhood Initiative conducts research on the causes and consequences of father absence and trends in family structure and marriage.
Data on the effects of father absence on children and can serve a host of purposes for the following individuals:
- Dads – Advocate for greater support of fathers in your community
- Community-based Organizations – Write stronger grant proposals and bolster support for your program in your community
- Scholars and Educators – Use data as a reference for your students and a source of the latest scholarship on family
- The Media – Back up your stories and make better pitches to your editors
- Policymakers – Write stronger findings in legislation and to bolster support for fatherhood-related policies
- Anyone considering Fatherhood Work - Inform your mission, and help establish goals you may want to reach to demonstrate marked improvement in your community as a result of your work