|Deployed Fathers & Families™ Guide
E-mail this product to a friend
Used by all branches of the armed forces, this practical guide is filled with helpful tips, exercises, and strategies to help military fathers and their families prepare for and successfully navigate deployment challenges. The Deployed Fathers and Families™ Guide addresses several important topics, including money matters, legal issues, medical concerns, and staying connected during deployment. Increase military family readiness with this essential guide.
The tools in this guide help Military fathers and families prepare for deployment. We know that readiness is the key to a successful mission, successful deployment, and to helping dads reconnect with their families when they return.
- Purpose and Goals
- Pre-Deployment Tips to Prepare your Family for Deployment
- Staying Connected While Deployed
- Pre-Deployment Activities for the Family
- Ways to Stay Connected While Deployed
What People Are Saying
Over 60,000 copies of the Deployed Fathers and Families™ Guide have been distributed to military fathers in all branches of the military - in the U.S. and around the world! See what family program staff and military fathers and families have to say about this crucial family readiness resource. Success Stories What facilitators are saying:
- "I was very impressed/pleased with [the] content...for our father/families. I invited senior leadership to review, general consensus: it is great!" Jennifer Spurgin, Chief, Airman & Family Services Flight Wright-Patterson AFB (Indianapolis, IN)
- "The information validates the families and the soldier's deployment. This is a step in the right direction. My dad was in Vietnam and I can tell you now, even a fraction of this information may have changed his family's perspective on some things. The information gives wonderful ideas and activities to stay connected. That is very important when families are away from each other for at least a year. They need those ideas on how to stay connected." Tracy McMillan, Director Fort Benning (Columbus, GA)
- "The pre-deployment check list that is included is most helpful...It helps the family cover all the areas they need to think about before deployment." Sylvia Kidd, Director of Family Programs AUSA (Arlington, VA)
- "The content is easy to read and the structure and layout of the resource is user-friendly...[The] information included is encompassing and thorough." Chet Adessa, Family Life Educator Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam (Pearl Harbor, HI)
- "I shared the materials with the staff and they were a little over-zealous and we will need to order more...Our Readiness NCOIC has already given the deployed info to members. They were well received." Misawa Air Base (Misawa, Japan)
- "I feel very fortunate that our families have access to this wonderful resource! " Laura Pageau, Family Programs Coordinator Florida Air National Guard
Deployed Fathers and Families™ Guide FAQ
- Can this be used to develop a pre-deployment workshop? Yes. The information in the Deployed Fathers and Families Guide ™ is a great foundation for a workshop.
- When should this be given out to dads? Any time works, but in order for it to be used most effectively, there needs to be at least a couple of weeks between its delivery and the deployment. It can even be used several months before deployment as a preparation guide.
- Can you co-logo the Deployed Fathers and Families™ Guide? Yes! We can put your logo on the Deployed Fathers and Families Guide™ to help increase your exposure and effectiveness. Minimum quantities and additional fees may apply.
Questions about Military Programming resources, training, events, and program implementation can be directed to Tim Red, Program Support Consultant - p: 972.296.0451 f: 972.296.0498, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Related Resources/Download Sample: