|CD-ROM: When Duct Tape Wont Work™
E-mail this product to a friend
When Duct Tape Won't Work™ is an award-winning, self-paced CD-ROM that gives new dads the information and skills they need to get involved with their children right from the start! With helpful, practical topics and a fun, engaging format, When Duct Tape Won't Work™ builds new fathers' health literacy as they learn important child health and safety information and skills. Accessible and engaging, When Duct Tape Won't Work increases confidence and knowledge so that dads can successfully care for their newborn/toddler.
When Duct Tape Won't Work™ is an interactive CD ROM that is designed for the way men learn - including engaging activities and step-by-step instructions for key skills, such as soothing a crying child and taking your baby's temperature. Plus, When Duct Tape Won't Work™ includes clear, helpful charts that dads can reference time and time again, making this a go-to resource for any new dad.
Starting with what to expect from Mom during pregnancy, When Duct Tape Won't Work™ prepares dad for the delivery room, gives him tips for child-proofing the home, and provides him with up-to-date information that will help him effectively care for his young child's needs through the age of three. Plus, When Duct Tape Won't Work™ includes important child development information that every father should know.
- Preparing for your baby's arrival
- Fevers and the Common Cold
- When to Take Your Child to the Doctor
- How to Calm a Crying Child
- Why Your Child Cries
- Child Safety and Child Proofing and more!
*When Duct Tape Won't Work™ has been developed by licensed medical professionals, however, the material is necessarily general in nature and not intended to dictate the appropriate course of treatment in all situations, nor is it intended to substitute for professional medical treatment or care
What People Are Saying
When Duct Tape Won't Work™ is the recipient of Disney's iParenting Media Award and also has the Mr. Dad Seal of Approval! Organizations across the country are using this innovative resource to successfully increase fathers' health literacy and connect fathers and families. Check out their stories below. Plus, independent evaluations have shown that Doctor Dad™ the curriculum-based version of the CD-ROM, successfully increases new fathers' knowledge and confidence. View the research.
"When Duct Tape Won't Work gives those dads with a lower level of education the opportunity to take the materials home and view them without embarrassment." Megan Shetterly, facilitator, Berwick Hospital Center (Berwick, PA).
What iParenting Media Award Reviews had to say about When Duct Tape Won't Work™:
- "This comprehensive CD-ROM program informs dads on the issues surrounding his child's safety and care from the very beginning. Starting with what to expect from Mom during pregnancy, When Duct Tape Won't Work™ prepares Dad for the delivery room, gives him tips for child-proofing the home, and provides him with up to date information that will help him effectively care for his young child's needs. "
- "This software contains good safety and practical baby-raising information for dads...especially new dads." "The product took a humorous approach to educating fathers...about how to prepare and care for infants and toddlers. The program is full of practical information for anything from helping get through the birthing process, childproofing your home, basic first aid and establishing a positive relationship with your child. I appreciated the vast amount of reference information on the CD..."
- "I found this to be a very informative product targeting new or expectant fathers. So often, the dads are forgotten in the beginning of this new family experience and this was refreshing to specifically focus on them for a change. Even now, my husband at times feels inadequate in his knowledge of child care after several years and multiple children. This tool gives dads an easily accessible knowledge base for basic information on the health and safety of very young children. I also found the child development information to be a feature that my husband was interested in...It was a simple reference guide that he can refer to and help him be more insightful on their behaviors...This would be a great addition to a family center library or teen parenting program, where it could be accessed and checked out by many families."
Evaluation & Research
Independent research shows that Doctor Dad™, the curriculum-based version of When Duct Tape Won't Work™: Increases new fathers' knowledge of child health and safety. Improves new fathers' confidence in their ability to perform basic parenting skills.
When Duct Tape Won't Work™ CD-ROM FAQ
- What are the system requirements for the CD-ROM? PC: Windows XP or Vista, 800 MHz Intel Pentium III, 256 mb ram. Macintosh: OS X, G4 Processor, 256 MB Ram.
- At what grade level is the CD-ROM content written? About a 5th grade level. Medical terms can be challenging at any grade level, but we've written this so that the average person can understand basic child health and safety concepts.
- Why should I use When Duct Tape Won't Work™? Research shows that when dads are involved, young children are safer, happier, and healthier, but men will shy away from getting involved if they don't know what to do or how to do it. When Duct Tape Won't Work™ not only gives fathers knowledge, it gives men confidence to get involved right from the start! Plus, Independent research shows that Doctor Dad™, the program which is the model for When Duct Tape Won't Work, significantly improves new dad's confidence and knowledge. View the research.
- How do I install When Duct Tape Won't Work on my computer? For PCs: Insert the CD-ROM into your CD-ROM drive. Please note: single user licenses require the CD-ROM to be in your CD-ROM drive in order to run the program. The CD-ROM will run automatically. From the installation menu, click on "Install Program" and follow the installation instructions. Please note: you will have the option to select "Run from CD-ROM" or "Run from Hard Drive." Choose "Run from Hard Drive" for best performance (this may take several minutes to install and requires 600 MB free space). For Macs: Insert the CD into your drive. The When Duct Tape Won't Work™ window will appear on your desktop. Double click the "Launch When Duct Tape Won't Work™" icon to launch the program.
- Why will the program not install on my computer? Check that your CD drive is working and that the bottom of the CD is not scratched or dirty. If the program does not Auto run when you place the CD in the drive, double click on "My Computer" and double click on the CD icon to launch the installation program.
- How do I pause the program or move to subsequent topics? There are navigation tools located in the bottom right hand corner of the screen.
- What if I purchase When Duct Tape Won't Work and have questions or technical issues? We're happy to help! Please call FatherSOURCE, our Fatherhood Resource Center, at 240-912-1263.
Questions about Healthcare Programming resources, training, events, and program implementation? Contact Becky Graham, Director, Healthcare Programming. p: 412.366.3060. f: 412.366.6030. email@example.com
Related Resources/Download Sample: