|CD-ROM: Boyz 2 Dads™ (Single User)
E-mail this product to a friend
Help teen and preteen boys learn that their choices matter by using the innovative Boyz 2 Dads™ interactive CD-ROM! An interactive CD-ROM with an innovative video game format, Boyz 2 Dads™ helps teen boys connect their choices to consequences and guides their attitudes around important decisions and risky behaviors. Dads, moms, educators, mentors, social workers, or any concerned adult can use this program to help prepare boys to make healthy choices on topics like relationships, sex, and peer pressure. Plus, our research shows that Boyz 2 Dads™ has positive effect on teen boys' attitudes and knowledge of how their choices affect their lives. View the research.
View the Boyz2Dads™ research on our Program Research & Evaluation page here.
Boyz 2 Dads™ CD-ROM is available in a single-user format and a volume user format with a license for up to 30 users (perfect for classrooms!) It includes a helpful user's guide for educators, parents, or any concerned adult, with in-depth information about the program, plus questions and discussion-starters - customized based on the relationship (parent, teacher, etc) with the user! The CD-ROM guides users through several social situations and provides immediate feedback when choices are made, helping teens to successfully connect their actions to consequences. Users can customize the program's main character and receive feedback via a cell phone, making Boyz 2 Dads™ a relevant, engaging resource teen boys will easily relate to.
Through six, simulated social situations, Boyz 2 Dads™ will teach adolescent boys how to:
- link actions to consequences
- engage in healthy relationships by avoiding risky behaviors and resisting peer pressure
- learn about involved, responsible and committed fatherhood
The program can be completed in one, 60 minute session or six, 10 minute sessions. The only resource of its kind, no other program is as engaging or relevant for helping teens make healthy decisions!
What People Are Saying
Boyz 2 Dads™ is the only resource of its kind - no other educational tool is so relevant or engaging for teenage boys. Read the inspiring success stories below. Plus, independent evaluations have shown that Boyz 2 Dads™ successfully increases increases teens' knowledge of how their choices affect their lives and changes their attitudes towards risky behaviors. View the research.
What facilitators are saying:
- "Teens particularly enjoyed the interactive nature of this curriculum, and many were willing to give the program a try because it was something they could do on a computer and it featured technology applications relevant to their everyday lives...our organization engaged a number of middle and high school age males in experiences that helped them learn about taking responsibility of their actions as they progress from adolescence into adulthood." Johanna Wicklund, Diretor of Program Development & Evaluation Boys and Girls Club of Green Bay (Green Bay, WI)
- "So far this year we have had no teen pregnancies in the club. Last year we had three. The [Boyz 2 Dads] content was great." Melinda Milam Boys and Girls Club of the Alma Area (Alma, AR)
- "The game is a good ice breaker. Our sites conducted pre/post tests and the excellent news is that 100% of these boys reported that they had either changed their minds about pre-marital sex or felt they could better cope with the pressures to have it." Lucy O'Donnell, Executive Director Delaware Adolescent Program, Inc. (Wilmington, DE)
What boys are saying:
- "I don't have no relationship with my dad and my brothers and sisters look at me like I'm daddy...I'm still goin do me, but I ain't bein' reckless." Deron, Boys and Girls Club of Dayton (Dayton, OH)
- "I was scared about being a father. Me and my girl love each other but a kid is for life. I wish I had seen this before this all happened...I woulda though about some stuff differently." Scott, Boys and Girls Club of Dayton (Dayton, OH)
Boyz 2 Dads™ CD-ROM FAQ
- How should I use Boyz 2 Dads™? This program is very flexible and can be used effectively in a variety of settings. Boyz 2 Dads™ is perfect for one-on-one situations - mentors and parents - and also in classrooms and after-school programs. You can use the included discussion questions and create a six week course using the different sessions of the program, or run the entire CD-ROM in one, 60-minute session.
- Does Boyz 2 Dads™ work? Independent research shows that after the program, teens were more knowledgeable about the consequences of their decisions, and expressed that they would think more carefully about engaging in risky behaviors.
- Why should I use Boyz 2 Dads™? The only resource of its kind, Boyz 2 Dads helps teen boys avoid early sex and risky behaviors by helping them connect their actions to consequences in an engaging, interactive format designed for the way adolescent boys learn.
- What are the social situations depicted? The social situations in Boyz 2 Dads are modeled after situations that teens often face. Users are given choices to make while in the school hallway, at a party, in their girlfriend's house, and other common settings.
- Is there a guide for teens/the user? There is no printable guide for the user; the interactive program provides an engaging experience and all the information that the user needs. The user's guide for adults is included on the CD and can be printed.
- How long does it take to complete the program? Boyz 2 Dads includes six 10-minute sessions and can completed in an hour.
- What if I purchase the CD-ROM and have questions or technical issues? We want to help you successfully use this resource! If you have technical issues or questions, call FatherSOURCE, The Fatherhood Resource Center, at 240-912-1263.
- What are the system requirements for the CD-ROM? Microsoft: Windows XP/2000; 800 MHz Intel Pentium III, 256 MB. Macintosh: OS X; Macintosh G4 Processor, 256 MB.
Questions about resources, training, events, and program implementation? Contact our Program Support Staff today! Email email@example.com
or call our Program Support Team Line at 240-912-1290.
Related Resources/Download Sample: